- Hundreds of new domain extensions were launched.
- We passed 11M domain name registrations in the new space.
- Barclays Bank, UK's biggest bank, was the first dot brand holder to skip .com for .barclays.
- Google chose abc.xyz as their web address for their holding company Alphabet.
- Autism.rocks sold for USD 100K at SEDO making it the first big aftermarket sales of a new domain extension.
- The latest Hunger Games movie used the web address hungerGames.movie
The first thing I do in the morning is to grab a cup of coffee and scan the news about the latest new domain extensions' stories. This has led to hundreds of tweets over the past year (Follow me on twitter here). Going through these tweets I handpicked the 10 best posts. Whether you're a brand holder, domainer or registry this is a good starting point to understand better the potential of the new domain extensions. All stories are in chronological order. 2015 was the breakthrough year for the new top level domains. Here are some of many highlights: